So today for my young women's lesson, we were discussing the importance of realizing your individual worth. There was an object part of the lesson that had to do with apples. The poem goes like this:
There are many different varieties of apples.
There are some red one and green ones.
Some are bitter and are meant for use in baking.
Some are sweet and are good for eating,
But they all serve a valuable purpose.
So I told the girls this poem and handed out apples to munch on while we watched "The Touch of the Master's Hand." One of my favorite church videos of all time! Throughout the whole thing, you could hear the girls munching, crunching, chomping and chewing on their lovely apples! But, I think they were still able to feel the spirit through all that! :-)
After church, we came home, had lunch, and of course, had nap time. However, apparently Joshua decided NOT to take his nap today - un-be-knownst to his sleeping parents! He decided instead to eat the rest of the apples I had brought home from church. And by "eating them" I really mean that he chewed up little pieces at a time and then proceeded to SPIT them out all over the kitchen, dining room, and living room!!!
During my lesson today it was mentioned that we were all sent to this earth for a divine purpose. ............. As of today, I believe my divine role is to make sure Joshua lives to his 4th Birthday! :-)
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like little Josh is still quite a handful for you! As a parent of boys I can empathize, though my girls have been known to pull similar tricks.
Oh...Karen...I do so often feel your pain! Every time you tell a Joshua story, I think of my little Greta and how fabulously the two would get along...like Bonny and Clyde!
Oh my.... I have to tell you that I actually laughed out loud and instantly felt very empathetic for you & your housekeeping!!! The Josh stories are priceless.... he has to live to be four years old so we can all be entertained by them!
Oh my. Sounds like he's a bit of a stinker. One day when I was pregnant with Porter, I was so tired I just passed out on the couch. I woke up to a bathroom full of wet toilet paper plastered to everything-the wall, the toilet, the ceiling, the mirror, everything. Hyrum still made it to his next birthday, so I'm sure Joshua will too. Good luck and I think we all feel your pain.
Post a Comment