Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Camera Woes

So I haven't written anything lately because I've wanted to add pictures as well. However, my usb port was chewed up by my sisters dog, so I can't get my pics off my camera onto my computer.

Anyhow, I am finally starting to feel better now. I'm hoping this means all I have to look forward to now is the weight gain and accompanying heartburn! Yeah!!

Scott and I are trying to learn to be better parents by listening to this book called "The Happiest Toddler on the Block." I can't say that I agree with everything the author writes, but he does have some really helpful tips. For example, speaking in "Toddlerese." Doing this you get to talk like a caveman would have talked, (if you believe in cavemen), use short, simple phrases and repeat yourself a lot. Kind of embarrassing, but kind of fun too. Baby steps I guess.... Someday I hope to get to talk like an adult MOST of the time! :-)

5 comments:

Rob and Crys said...

You are so funny. Glad to hear you are feeling better! Those first few months are no fun, then again neither are the last few!

BoyMaker said...

I'm no expert, but I think you can buy USB ports for just about anything from good old Wally World --- if you take your camera in, I'm sure some - there's a geek squad reject that can find it in 4.3 seconds. They time 'em on stuff like that in college. :)

CKW said...

I love that book although I always feel like an idiot speaking "toddlerese". I was kind of hoping it wouldn't work so I didn't have to do it, but unfortunately it does work.

Burrowing In said...

I didn't take as much away from Happiest Toddler, but The Happiest Baby on the Block is a book among my worldly scripture! LOOOOOVE Happiest Baby!

Gramma Darla said...

Shouldn't this read your "God given" sister's dog?
;-)