Sunday, April 5, 2009

Soooo much excitement!!!

This past week was full of adventures! The kids were out of school for Spring Break and Scott was on a trip to Portland, so the kids and I drove down to Utah.

First things first, Joshua is officially potty trained!!!! Anyone who knows my son knows what a miracle this is! He just decided to do it - hasn't had an accident in over a week - it's amazing!!! I'm so excited and extremely grateful!!

Second, we went to the Children's Treehouse Museum in Ogden, but I forgot my camera. We had a lot of fun though. Later that afternoon, Lacey got her hair permed. She has sooo much hair!! It was quite an experience for her. She was tough though - "Beauty is pain" we always say.


Thirdly, that same night we went out to the new Chuck E. Cheese's in Layton.


All of the Erickson cousins came too and we had a blast!! They even got to meet and play with ChuckE himself and some nice people shared their leftover birthday cake with us. Fun stuff!

For the rest of the week, we went to visit my Grandpa who has been suffering from bone cancer, but thankfully the chemo seems to be working. We also went up to Logan and saw my sister and her boys - always a good time.

We decided to leave on Thursday instead of Friday due to the weather forecast and I'm glad we did. We had to drive through a bit of a blizzard part of the way home, but the really bad stuff didn't show up until Friday morning. Scott arrived home on Friday evening and spent the rest of the evening making up for missing a whole week of wrestle time with his children!! And the best part is that we get to go back down this coming weekend for a Lemon family - 4 day - reunion!! Should be great!! (Let's just hope all this excitement doens't cause me to go into labor too early.)

4 comments:

CKW said...

I am sorry we missed you! And I really wish perms looked like that back when I was Lacey's age. So cute!

JulieJ said...

Ok, maybe Josh can help Tyce. We are getting nowhere! Love the perm!

Anonymous said...

That perm is dang cute! Abbie has had a few perms, and when she saw the spiral rods she gasped and said giggling "Those rods are huge!!!"

Becca G said...

Karen it is fun to keep up with you by reading your adventures. Tell Lacey she is very brave and patient. I had a few perms like that as a kid and it took forever and was so stinky. Good Luck with your upcoming birth! We fondly remember our time together in Pueblo West Ward!